APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
SIGNING THE WARRANT: Approved and signed.
(a) CABLE COMMITTEE UPDATE: Barbara reported the Open House will be Saturday at 1 pm. Carol reported that the first tape was aired last Saturday.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) REVIEW OF SATURDAY’S MEETING: Larissa reported she felt the one-on-one meeting went well. Ken Paul will be featured at the August meeting.Misinformation that was clarified was in regards to the the75 foot buffer.
(2) COMMUNITY SERVICE BANK: Larissa reported that high school students are required to do 25 hours community service. Any seniors who have a need for help around their house or yard should let her know. She would also like to see seniors do volunteer hours at the school which can be exchanged for youth services.
(3) CHECK CLEARING SYSTEM: With the new system, checks will be scanned and deposited into the Town’s account immediately. Deposits will not have to be made as frequently. The vault door will be kept closed at all times.
(4) APPOINTMENT OF ZBA ALTERNATE JEANNE ACHILLE: On a motion by Larissa, Jeanne was appointed.
(5) COMMITTEE TO REHABILITATE GYM: Because of code violations, as of July 27, the gym will be closed until further notice. Cherri Smith will head up a committee to see what needs to be done.
(6) REVIEW OF FIRE/AMBULANCE/RESCUE COMMITTEE MEETING: The committee met and is working on a list of positions needed. More volunteers are needed. Anyone interested should contact the Fire Chief. Next meting will be August 18.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Town Hall construction will begin next week and will probably take 3 weeks to complete. The auditor is working at the school at this time.
7. MEETINGS: MOUSAM LAKEASSOCIATIONJULY 25, 9AM
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Dennis Long, Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Holly Mooney, Paul Poyant, Mike Peterson, David Winchell jr., Bob Anderson, Karl Hodgdon, Betty Mann, Chip Venell, John Moore, Barbara Seckar, Marian Elliott, Brian Cochrane, Doris Nevison, Patti Dutil, Carol Long, Lorraine Yeaton
Blood Drive July 28 at the PublicSafetyBuilding. Staff meeting on Friday at 11:30 am.Dennis reported a break in on Flat Ground Road and warned all to keep alert to watch for strangers in the area.