2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
4.OLD BUSINESS: None
5. NEW BUSINESS:
1. WARRANT ARTICLE RECOMMENDATIONS: Selectmen unanimously approved all articles as written except: Article 16, Larissa made a motion to amend the amount to $568,485, reducing the Selectmen’s salary by $9,100. The motion died for lack of a second. A motion to raise and appropriate $577,585 passed with 2 in favor and 1 opposed, Larissa voting in opposition. Article 25: Larissa made a motion to approve the Finance Committee’s recommendation plus include $500.for Woodford’s Family Service.The motion was passed. Article 26 was tabled for further discussion. Article 34 was voted to dispense with the article.
2. SIGNSCHOOL WARRANT: On a motion by Dennis, the Warrant was signed.
3. DISCUSSION OF A PRODUCTIVE PUBLIC FORUM: Tony noted that by law, the public is not allowed to speak at a Selectmen’s Meeting unless given permission. The Selectmen are glad to have the public speak as long as it is not destructive. Persons wishing to speak at a meeting should ask to be on the agenda and state the subject matter. Larissa said people must be willing to be respectful of the rights of others, and must speak on appropriate subjects and concerns that can be addressed by the Selectmen.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Larissa announced the PTG Volley Ball game tomorrow and the OWLS will meet on 12 at noon. The Annual Memorial Day observation on May 30 will be held at the Veteran’s Monuments Larissa will be bringing greetings from the Town of Acton and would like to have a list of all Acton people currently enrolled in the military. Dennis announced that Pat Mains is doing the landscaping at the Town Hall and the Daisy Girl Scouts want to plant some flowers. Bill Lotz reported he had turned in petitions to recall Tony as Selectman. Tracey Scully asked for the second time, what the percentage is for the Selectmen’s raise. Larissa said it was 33%Jim Driscoll commended Scott Mooney, Judie Shain, Pat Main and Pat Stevens for their donations for the landscaping and materials. The next Selectmen’s meeting will be held at 5:30 pm with Ron Smith present. Opening of bids for the audit are postponed until May 21.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:46 pm.
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Tony Cogliandro, Denis Long. Larissa Crockett
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Dick Weymouth, Richard & Lois Michaud, Andy Brazier, Betty Mann, Jim Driscoll, John Moore, Roger Roy, Karl Hodgdon, Doris Nevison, Marian Elliott, Barbara Seckar, Paul Poyant, Andrea Rose, Linda Heon, Brian Cochrane, Peter and Elaine Beck, Ethan Current, Bill Lotz, Patti Dutil, Scott and Mary Stanton, Flo Sera, Ted Kryzak, Tracey Scully, David Winchell Jr., Cheri Smith, Judie Shain, Scott and Holly Mooney, Joe Ruma, Lorraine Yeaton