1.APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Approved with a provision to move the AUDIT to the first item.
2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3.OLD BUSINESS: None.
4. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) AUDIT: Ron Smith, the School Committee with Superintendent Hadley and the Warrant and Finance Committee were present. Ron noted the Town is in good condition financially. Our undesignated fund balance is $768,027, which is a 45 day reserve. He said the ideal fund balance would be $100,000 He recommended the Town monitor spending and revenues at the present time. Ron commended the Acton School Committee for controlling spending and managing their budget during this period of revenue curtailment. Larissa invited questions from the boards and the audience, but there were very few questions.
(2): OPEN SAND BIDS: The following sealed bids were received: Pike $6.50 per ton; Landscaper Depot, $5.49 per yd.; Turk, $5.50 per yd., STS, $5.98 per yd. Pepin’s bid was sent e-mail and was $6.72 per ton. Selectmen and Road Commissioners will go to Turk’s and Landscapers pits on Tuesday, Nov. 2 at to inspect for quality of sand of lowest bidders. The public is welcome to attend. Ted will take his bus. Selectmen will hold a Special meeting on November 4 at to award the bid.
(3) AMEND HOLIDAY SCHEDULE:Town Hall will be closed on November 11 for Veteran’s Day. The next Selectmen’s Meeting will be November 18.
(4) SIGN MUNICIPAL VALUATION RETURN: On a motion by Ted, the document was signed.
(5) APPOINTMENT FOR CABLE COMMITTEE: On a motion by Ted, Nancy Ruma was appointed to the Cable Committee.
(5). OTHER BUSINESS
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: New FEMA FLOOD MAPS will be issued to replace those FEMA submitted.
Larissa and volunteers from the PTG and middle school will be making pies for the food pantry again this year, for Thanksgiving. Items needed to be donated are aluminum pie plates, canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, flour, sugar unsalted butter.
School Principal Trish Halliday is seeking volunteers to listen to children read and/or other interaction with students. She asks volunteers to meet with her for coffee and conversation any Tuesday am, .
The Annual Town Hall Christmas Tree Lighting will be the 1st Saturday night in December, sponsored by the 4-H Club, with Santa, refreshments, and crafts.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at .
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Chip Venell. Brian Cochrane, Judie Shain, Andy Brazier, Betty Mann, Superintendent Hadley, Peter and Elaine Beck, Barbara Seckar, Debbie Lopez, Scott Mooney, John Moore, Karl Hodgdon, Paul Poyant, Jeannette Bearse, David Winchell Jr., Mary Stanton, Dick Nass, Dennis Long, Al Peterson, Carol Long, Lori Williams, Tracey Scully, Michelle Rumney, Bob Anderson, Joe Ruma, Lorraine Yeaton.