2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written
3. OLD BUSINESS: None
4. NEW BUSINESS:
(1)APPOINT SUSAN MEEHAN TO CABLE COMMITTEE: On a motion by Ted, Susan Meehan was appointed.
(2) ANNOUNCE HIRING MIKE COREY: Ted announced the hiring of Mike Corey as Cable Manager for APAT..Mike’s was the only application received, however his qualifications and references were very good.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Rey Lopez asked about information from the previous night’s Warrant and Finance meeting relative to the Veteran’s flags and the 4-H Club. The Town , by law, purchases the flags. The 4-H Club, as part of their community service , puts the flags on the Veteran’s graves. Rey asked where the Iron Tails Saloon was located and was told it was the former Big Daddy’s. Rey also asked about a draft of the school warrant and was told it is not yet available.
Dennis Long asked what salary the Cable Manager was to receive. Ted said this will be a decision for the cable committee to negotiate.
Dennis also noted that the school is requesting two articles be on the June Town Meeting Warrant. Because the roof repair and public address system are both school maintenance articles, they should be included with the school budget. Nancy Ruma noted that it is a capital expense article for the school.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Public Hearings
March 16, 6pmWarrant and Finance hear budget requests for Town Clerk, Tax Collector, Treasurer, Code Officer, and Selectmen
March 17, Zoning Ordinance Changes
March 23, 6pmWarrant and Finance and Selectmen hear budget requests from Fire Department, Transfer Station and Rec Department
March 24, Selectmen review application for Liquor License for Lori Smith and Greg Martinez for Iron Tails Saloon
March24, 7pm,Selectmen seek input on proposed merger of Ambulance Association, Rescue and Fire Department
March 26, Memorial Service at Congregational Church at for John Moore followed by fellowship and food at the Town Hall.
Corned beef and cabbage dinner sponsored by the QWLS on March 12beginning at .
On March 31, Helen Wentworth, the holder of the Boston Post Cane for being the oldest citizen in Acton, will celebrate her 106th birthday.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields,
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Rey Lopez, Jack Kelly, Barbara Seckar, Chip Venell, Paul Poyant, Dennis Long, Nancy Ruma, Sophia Current, Lorraine Yeaton