2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS: None.
4. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) COVE WOOD DRIVE ARTICLE: Selectmen have received a request for a warrant article to discontinue Covewood Drive as a Town Way. They have decided instead, to place an article in the warrant asking the public if they want the Selectmen to pursue this action.
(2) ADVERTISE SUMMER ATTENDANT JOB AT TRANSFER STATION: Selectmen will be advertising a summer position for a part-time attendant, to begun after Memorial Day.
(3) PLANNING BOARD APPOINTMENT FOR ROBERT KANE: On a motion by Ted, Robert Kane was appointed to fill out Art Kelly’s term. The appointment for Art Kelly to complete David Jones term was signed.
(4) SUMMER MEMBERSHIP AT GYM: Selectmen are offering a“Snow Bird” special for membership at the gym from April 1 to October 31 for $80.
(5) NEW TOWN HALL SATURDAY DATES: Beginning in July the Town Offices will be open the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays instead of the 1st and last Saturdays.
(6) REPORT POWER OUTAGE 0N 5/13 FROM 9AM-11AM: Bill reported that CMP contacted the Town Hall to inform them there will be power outage in the Great East Lake area.
(7) FINAL DRAFT OF WARRANT TO W&F COMMITTEE 5/23, BOS SIGN 5/26
(8) VOTE TO GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION RE: MRSA 405(6)(A): On a motion by Ted, the board went into executive session at . On a motion by Ted they came out of executive session at .
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Marian Elliott reported the chair fund is up to $1.000.
Dennis Long asked about the repairs and was told that everything has been done except the painting. Ted plans to have volunteers scraping the building soon. Long also discussed the tax loss the new RP Zoning will create. Selectmen reported they will be discussing this with the O’Donnell firm.
Barbara Seckar asked permission to put up a curtain for a background to conceal the voting booths for the purpose of televising.On a motion by Ted. Permission was granted.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS:Larissa noted that 4 seniors graduating have received honors.She does not have the names at this time but wants to post them at Town Hall
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Marian Elliott, Barbara Seckar, Paul Poyant, Dennis Long, Chip Vennell, Sophia Crockett, Mike Corey, Lorraine Yeaton