2.APPROVAL OF MINUTESOF LAST MEETING:Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS: None.
4. NEW BUSINESS:
1. OPEN LAWN CARE BIDS: The following bids were receive:
C&D Landscaping$3,600, Premier Property Care $3,145.
Yard Enhancement $2,555, Tall Grass $2,500.
On a motion by Ted, it was voted to accept Tall Grass bid.
2. MASS GATHERING PERMIT REQUEST: A permit was approved for Vacationland Volkswagen Association, All VW Car Show, to be held at the Acton Fairgrounds on Sunday, August 7 from 9 am to 3 pm.
3. SIGN ANIMAL WELFARE CONTRACT: On a motion by Ted, a contract for $3,034.28 based on Acton’s population, 24447 x $1.24. was signed.
4. APPOINTMENTS: The following appointments were made: Fire Chief Ed Walsh, Animal Control Officer Frank Shippee, Code Enforcement Officer Kenneth Paul, Deputy Code Enforcement Officer Steve McDonough, Health Officer Linda Whitman,Constable Robert Anderson, Emergency Management Director Ed Walsh, Deputy EMA William Cataneyse, E-911 Addressing Officer William Cataneyse,Representatives to Southern Maine Regional Planning Commission Lorraine Yeaton and Tom Cashin, Zoning Board of Appeals for three years Robert Anderson, George Lessard, Paul Hansen, Zoning Board of Appeals for three years Dan Archambault. Board of Assessment Review for three years Gary Morrison, Dwight Venell and Dan Archambault, Fair Hearing Authority for three years Gary Morrison, Dwight Venell, Dan Archambeault,Mary Grant Committee for one year Carl Davis, Barbara Seckar, Eric Gallagher, Jim Wilson, Richard Johnson, Susan Meehan, Ethan Current, Acton Public Access Television for one year Nancy Ruma, Barbara Seckar, Virginia Deboer, Mary Waterhouse, Susan Meehan, Policy Review Committee for one year Virginia Shea, Elaine Beck, Steve Casey, Debbie Casey, Marian Elliott. All persons appointed are asked to come to the Town Clerk’s office as soon as convenient to be sworn in.
5. COMMUNICATION SYSTEM and ROOFING BID: Lorraine was asked to put ads in the Smart Shopper for the next two weeks
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Larissa said while she loved serving as chairman this past year, she looks forward to a new Chairman of the Board of Selectmen for the next year.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Openings are available for members to be appointed to the Planning Board and Policy Committee.
Selectmen will meet once a month during July and August. Dates are July 28 and August 25.
No Selectmen’s Workshops on Tuesdays during July and August.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:22 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Larissa Crockett, Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Mr.and Mrs David Wallace, Barbara Seckar, Marian Elliott, Ann Germon, Paul Poyant, Joe Ruma, Ethan Currant, Sophia Current, Mike Corey, Lorraine Yeaton