2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS:None.
4. NEW BUSINESS:
1. MASS GATHERING PERMIT: IRON TAILS SALOONFOR MOTORCYCLE RODEO SEPT. 4: Greg Martinez was present to answer questions from the Selectmen. He reported that this is a low-key activity being run by the United Bikers of Maine. He was in compliance with all requests by the selectmen. On a motion by Larissa the permit was granted.
2. SIGN AUTHORIZATION OF REVENUES TO REDUCE TAXES: Ted asked if this wasalways done and Lorraine said it was not, however she had been given the document for the selectmen to sign. On a motion by Larissa, the document was signed.
3. SET TAX RATE: Based on a Total Valuation of the Town of $560,778,200 and assessments ofCounty Tax $308,480, Municipal Appropriation of $1,755,728, and School Appropriation of $4,789,924, less Deductions of $750,000, leaving a Total Amount to be raised by taxation of $6,101,132, the Selectmen established a tax rate of $10.95 per thousand dollars of value, the same rate as last year. On a motion by Larissa the tax rate was set at .01095.
4. SIGN COMMITMENT: On a motion by Larissa, a tax commitment of $6,101,539.29 was signed. This includes an overlay of $39,289.29.
5.OPEN BIDS FOR LOOP ROAD PROPERTY: Only onebid was received. On a motion by Larissa the property was sold to Dana Cross of Loop Road for $10,001.
6. DISCUSSION OF EXCISE TAX SITUATION AT APPLE VALLEY CAMPGROUNDS: Ted reported that Selectmen had opted to collect excise tax rather than personal property tax for the campers at Apple Valley Campground. However, many of the camper owners have not come to the Town Hall to pay their excise tax. Selectmen met with Apple Valley Campground owners, Debbie and Ken Smith and asked their co-operation in notifying campers whose units were in the campground on April 1, 2010 that they need to get their excise tax paid. Names of those not paid will be posted.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: NoneANNOUNCEMENTS: Openings are available for members to be appointed to the Planning Board; Policy Committee. and Cable Committee.
Larissa named residents that she had noted received blue ribbons at the Acton Fair and commended them for their participation in the local event.
7.ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:17 pm
8.MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Larissa Crockett, Bill Shields
9.OTHERS PRESENT: Virginia Deboer, Paul Poyant, Virginia Shea, Greg Martinez, Nancy Ruma, Dennis Long, Lorraine Yeaton