2.APPROVAL OF MINUTESOF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS:
4. NEW BUSINESS: Ted announced that this was a Special Called Meeting to sign the school warrant..
1. SELECTMEN MAKE RECOMMENDATION ON ARTICLE 3: Article 3 asks to establish a fuel cost stabilization fund and appropriate 10,000. On a motion by Bill, the Selectmen voted to approve Article 3 as written.
2. SIGN ORDER: An order for a Town meeting on April 10, 2012 and referendum on April 17, on a motion by Bill, was voted to be signed,
3. SIGN SCHOOL BUDGET WARRANT: On a motion by Bill, Selectmen voted to sign the School Warrant.
4. SIGN VALIDATION WARRANT On a motion by Bill, Selectmen voted to sign the Validation for the School Budget Warrant.
5. APPROVE BALLOT: The ballot asks :”Do you favor approving the Town of Acton school budget for the upcoming school year that was adopted at the latest Town meeting held April 10, 2012?”On a motion by Bill, Selectmen approved the ballot.
6. ACCEPT THE RESIGNATION OF DEPUTY TOWN CLERK:Deputy Town Clerk April Pettingill submitted her resignation due to the fact she has accepted a full time position in Sanford. On a motion by Bill, her resignation was accepted.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Joint meeting with Warrant and Finance for those requesting donations
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: The School Town Meeting will be at the Acton Elementary School on April 10, 2012. The referendum vote will take place at the Acton Town Hall on April 17. from 8am to 8pm.
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 6:07pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak and Bill Shields
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Andy Brazier, Jennifer Roux, Percival Lowell, Dick Weymouth, Paul Poyant, Chip Venell, Estelle Gore, Virginia Deboer, Lorraine Yeaton.
The second part of the meeting was for the purpose of hearing requests for donations and was opened at 6:15pm. Mike Perro, Shapleigh Selectman spoke for the Sanford/Shapleigh Dam. Estelle Gore spoke for the Agency on Aging. Corey Lane spoke for the Saco River Corridor Commission. Natalie Deems spoke for the Sexual Assault Response. Bob Anderson spoke for the Acton Food Pantry, George Emery spoke for the Acton/Shapleigh Youth Corp. Vicki Erickson spoke to Home Health Visiting Nurses. There was no representation for Caring Unlimited, Parent Awareness, and Biddeford Free Clinic. The meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm