2.APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: Approved as written.
3. OLD BUSINESS:Liquor License: Ted noted that many years have passed since the first liquor permit was issued to the Potting Shed Restaurant. At the present time there are 3 establishments with liquor licenses, so the Selectmen feel a policy should be established addressing any concerns the Town may have relative to their operations. For example, it has been noted that when fire departments have responded to fire alarms going off in the buildings, they have found customers sitting at the tables eating rather then evacuating the premises.
4. NEW BUSINESS:
a. Election of Chairman: On a motion by Bill, Ted Kryzak was re-elected as chairman.
b. 2013 Liaison list: The following list was adopted: Ted will act as liaison for Warrant and Finance Committee, Acton School Department, Road Committee, Assessing; Bill for Rec Committee, Fire Department, Transfer Station; Ed for Policy Committee, Land Use Department, Conservation Committee, Forestry Committee
c.June 11th, 2013 Election Results - 536 Ballots Cast: Selectmen, Assessor, Overseer of the Poor, Kryzak Jr., Theodore 395 – Electrd,Misc Write Ins 40, Blanks 101. School Committee MemberBearse, Jeanette 430 – Elected; Misc Write Ins 22, Blanks 84 Road Commissioner - Dist 1, Mooney, Scott E. 356 – Elected, Winchell Jr., David A 176, Write-Ins/Blanks 4.
d. Abatement for Patrick Stevens: On a motion by Bill, an abatement for Pat Stevens was signed.
e. Open bids for Tax Acquired property sale: Only one bid was received. On a motion by Bill a bid for $5,010.from Dennis Martel was accepted.
f. Vote on Debit Card Policy: On a motion by Bill, the Debit Card Policy was adopted.
g. Iron Tails Liquor License: On a motion by Bill, the license was approved.
h. Potting Shed Liquor License: On a motion by Bill, the license was approved.
i. First reading mileage policy: Ted read the policy.
j. First reading amended personnel policy: Ted read the portions of the policy to be amended.
5. OTHER BUSINESS: Diana Pettis presented Selectmen with a petitionand asking Selectmen to support applying for a block grant for refurbishing a town building for library/community center. She asked to be put on the agenda for the next meeting.
6. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Volunteers needed for1 member and 1 Alternate member of Saco River Corridor Commission,
Town Hall will be closed June 15 due to Town Meeting
7. ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 7:20 pm
8. MEMBERS PRESENT: Ted Kryzak, Bill Shields, Ed Walsh
9. OTHERS PRESENT: Diana Pettis, Hope Baldwin, Mary Waterhouse, Elise Miler, Chip Venell, Paul Poyant, Greg Martinez, Bill Pallidino, Brad Morin, Bill Matthews, Eric Dawalga, Lorraine Yeaton